The Tamil Department aims to imbue in pupils the love and appreciation for the Tamil Language and Culture through joyful and engaging language learning experiences.
To empower Tamil pupils to be confident and competent users of the Tamil Language.
- Build confidence in self-expression
- Write and present scripts
- Discover the process of news creation for broadcast
- Practise writing news in standard reportable formats
- Learn the art of presentation to be a junior reporter
Experiential Learning Journey – Pongal Experience
Pongal is a harvest festival which originated in India. In Singapore, the annual Pongal festival is a month-long celebration with highlights such as a street light-up and a mini spectacle of cows, bulls, calves and goats in Little India.
On 19th January 2018, the P4 and P6 TL pupils joined in the celebration at Hastings Road and had a great time of fun and learning with various hands-on activities. The finale was a song and dance item.
Pupils had a close-up of cows, calves and goats and could not contain the excitement!
Kranjians enjoying the festive song and dance!
Pupils also learned the Peacock and Bull Fighting Dances, accompanied by loud music
- Our pupils displaying their skills and talents at the Yew Tee CC’s 12th Inter Primary Talent Quest Competition.